The Exhibitions Team produces a variety of exhibits that reflect the diversity of Emory Libraries' resources and demonstrate the cultural depth of Emory’s academic community. We also collaborate with Emory and community partners by lending our expertise and fabrication abilities for special events and projects for EUL.
Kathy Dixson, Manager of Library Exhibitions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Hill, Graphic Designer, email@example.com
John Klingler, Graphic Designer and Fabricator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Merryn McKeough, Student Online Exhibit Assistant, email@example.com
The Exhibitions Team is responsible for the development, design, fabrication, installation, project management and assessment of exhibitions for Emory Libraries.
These exhibitions include:
Exhibitions in the Libraries
Stand-alone Graphics for Exhibitions and Special Events
Implementing this work involves:
Research, object selection, storyline development, interpretive planning
and media selection, and text writing and editing
Graphic design as well as 2D and 3D spatial design
Printing and mounting of graphics
Exhibit furniture design, layout, and installation
Object handling and installation
Audio-visual creation and post-production work;
equipment selection and installation
· “Forbidden Loves and Secret Lust: Selections from the Golden Age of Quree Pulp Fiction”
June 1, 2020 – October 7, 2022
· "Apollo 15: Digital Exploration on the 50th Anniversary of the Mission"
July 26, 2021 - December 15, 2022
· Apollo 15 Learning Hub
July 26, 2021 - TBD
· Black Student Activism
Current - December 15, 2022
· Graffiti: A Library Guide to Aerosol Art
March 8, 2022 - January 8, 2023
· Graphic Narratives and Comic Collections at Emory: Past, Present, and Future
February 7, 2022 - November 1, 2022
· Speak Up for Social Justice
December 2022 - August 10, 2022
"What Must Be Honored: The Exhibitions of Pellom McDaniels, III PhD"
Current - TBD
Conservation Exhibits - (2 large cases, number of exhibits and dates vary)
· "Creativity in Conservation"
Current - August 10, 2022
· "Voices from the Other Side: Artists' Books from Phillips State Prison"
Current - August 10, 2022
· "Framing Shadows: Portraits of Nannies from
the Robert Langmuir African American Photograph Collection" - View the Online Exhibit
· "Our Archives Could Be Your Life" - View the Online Exhibit
· "Reading Room with a View" - View the Online Exhibit
· "Black Student Activism"- coming soon
· "Life of An Item" - View the Online Exhibit
· "Speak What Must Be Spoken” at Drew Charter School
Jan. 2020 – May 2021
· "She Gathers Me: Networks Among Black Women Writers” (GPLS)
Traveling across the state through the Georgia Public Library Service
when libraries are again open
· "She Gathers Me: Networks Among Black Women Writers” (second copy)
Available for traveling--Contact Stuart A. Rose Manuscript,
Archives, and Rare Book Library
Administrative Building (Typically about exhibits in Woodruff and Rose Libraries)
· "Graffiti: A Library Guide to Aerosol Art"
Current – TBD
Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library (Typically 1 per year)
· "History of Teaching Medicine at Emory”
Current – September 30, 2022
Oxford Library (Typically 1 per year)
· "The Work is Never Finished"
October 22, 2021 - December 15, 2022
· "Graphic Narratives and Comic Collections at Oxford"
February 18, 2022 - December 15, 2022
Materials provided here are meant to assist with the development of exhibitions.
New documents will be added over time.